Green Light Gamer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.greenlightgamer.wordpress.com

Latest topics

» GLG Forums Now Being Disabled
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 am

» The End of Green Light Gamer
by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

» Stupid YouTube Videos
by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

» Blur Multiplayer beta
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» What Ticks you off? And Misc Talk
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Major change to Xbox Live, not for the better

ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Major change to Xbox Live, not for the better Empty Major change to Xbox Live, not for the better

Post  ImpureKing44 Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:26 pm

http://greenlightgamer.wordpress.com/2009/11/02/ms-strikes-again-removing-privateparty-chat-options/

This is going to suck fierce. If mos tmajor dev's go along with this, im going to Sony. Im already close to the turning point after years of financial milking from MS but dealt with it due to key titles. But this is a slap in the face. Dont tell me who I need to talk to when playing a game. Freedom of speech and consumer rights are both violated by this IMO

Major change to Xbox Live, not for the better Empty Re: Major change to Xbox Live, not for the better

Post  Guest Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:35 pm

We'll see what happens I guess since it's up the developers. But if they all jump on the bandwagon I'm switching to Sony. Sadly we have no 'rights' in this situation. But what we do have is the option to make it known we don't like this, for whatever that's worth but MS usually does what they want to do.

Major change to Xbox Live, not for the better Empty Re: Major change to Xbox Live, not for the better

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:13 am

i made a post on xba about this and how i find it stupid/pointless....will copy-paste later...

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:31 am

yes i also agree that this is total BS. gaming was meant to be fun and online was to socialize with friends that you cant normally see. since when has online gaming become so serious that you have to bitch and complain because someone MIGHT be telling where you are CAMPING. why cant people play for the fun of it anymore. i mean really if you lose do you die in real life? i think this is taking a lot away from xbox live and its value. this is the one thing that xbox has that sony dont and they are taking it away. complete and total idiots if you ask me. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:08 am

Yeah...that's the dumbest thing I've seen in awhile. I don't use a headset or party chat that much anyway..so it won't really effect me all that much. I'll just mute whoever gets on my nerves.
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:12 am

I think the things that piss me off MOST about this is...

1 - It doesnt solve the key issue. Game chats still enable communication and although im not that very familiar with MW's system, I dont see how disabling party and private chats will radicalize the competetive landscape

2 - to anyone who wants to talk to their friends, you have to play the same game? what if I dont want to play mw2 but my friend does? You expect us to either not play anything, or for me to HAVE to buy and play your game?

3 - This violates our rights as americans and as consumers. We pay 50 a year PER TAG to play online and use ALL of the features as we see fit, such as the party system. If you are going to disable (take away) part of the features, take away part of the PRICE, as I am no longer getting 50 dollars worth of live.

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:37 am

yeah but, we all accepted the terms of service. i'm willing to bet a years salary that somewhere in there it says: subject to change.

they need to get rid of major nelson and have a person with appropriate authority to confirm any/all rumors. people bitch to him like it gets them somewhere. he has nothing to do with it.

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:18 am

Im 100% sure this kind of thing will only apply to ranked matches and stuff like that in games if massively implemented, where leaderboards and other bullshit like that is actually cared about (aka whined about). I honestly don't think it's a big deal, and it's probably being completely BLOWN out of porportion (as usual). This might actually be nice for people who in fact do sneaky bullshit during ranked matches. (Which I don't play ever, anyhow.) Which brings me to my next point. Competitive Gaming.

P.S.- If anyone is to blame for this, it's those god damned asshats who play/support the MLG and all their god damn shennanigans. I honestly have always believed that playing videogames in a tournament format would bring nothing but BAD things to the industry and as you see it here, it has. MLG is the modern day equivalent of the Member's Only Jacket of the 80s. There is nothing "cool or discerning" about gamers associated with the MLG. If anything, it makes you more of a mainstream, casualized bastard child of technology. You are the geek squad of gaming.

P.P.S.- This is also to be blamed on the elitist "so pro MLG Douchey McDouchebag" asshats who play COD4. I know you COD regulars know the kind of people I am referring to. I swear to god, 85% of the guys who claim MLG fame I have come across suck donkey dick in the first place.

Either way, this is pretty upsetting news. But only because it's going to get blown completely out of proportion before MS comes out of the woodwork and tells everyone to calm their god damn beds. I look forward to seeing multiple articles with this all over the internet in the coming weeks. =/
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:18 pm

Flowless wrote:Im 100% sure this kind of thing will only apply to ranked matches and stuff like that in games if massively implemented, where leaderboards and other bullshit like that is actually cared about (aka whined about). I honestly don't think it's a big deal, and it's probably being completely BLOWN out of porportion (as usual). This might actually be nice for people who in fact do sneaky bullshit during ranked matches. (Which I don't play ever, anyhow.) Which brings me to my next point. Competitive Gaming.

P.S.- If anyone is to blame for this, it's those god damned asshats who play/support the MLG and all their god damn shennanigans. I honestly have always believed that playing videogames in a tournament format would bring nothing but BAD things to the industry and as you see it here, it has. MLG is the modern day equivalent of the Member's Only Jacket of the 80s. There is nothing "cool or discerning" about gamers associated with the MLG. If anything, it makes you more of a mainstream, casualized bastard child of technology. You are the geek squad of gaming.

P.P.S.- This is also to be blamed on the elitist "so pro MLG Douchey McDouchebag" asshats who play COD4. I know you COD regulars know the kind of people I am referring to. I swear to god, 85% of the guys who claim MLG fame I have come across suck donkey dick in the first place.

Either way, this is pretty upsetting news. But only because it's going to get blown completely out of proportion before MS comes out of the woodwork and tells everyone to calm their god damn beds. I look forward to seeing multiple articles with this all over the internet in the coming weeks. =/

lmfao thats an awesome rant there. might have to quote this for a future article im gonnna start working on (which will cover who is truly to blame for the advent of party/private chat disabling)

Post  Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:53 pm

yeah man, I had to bust out the P.P.S. Thats how good that was.
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Flowless wrote:yeah man, I had to bust out the P.P.S. Thats how good that was.

lol, i know. I read that and was like "daaaamn, look at you now..."

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:56 am

Well I hate CoD and all IW games, while I think it was stupid for Microsoft to make such a option available to developers....you have to keep in mind that if you go to the PS3....you don't get any of those features (thats what you get for a Free service....SHIT!!!) haha. I'm just saying not every developer is going to do this, its just that IW doesn't know how to connect to the community, let alone make a game that seems appealing. They started off big on PC...well now they have destroyed the PC community that they one had with the first CoD. They are just pissing everybody off....to me MW2 is looking to be the worst release of 2009...I would sadly buy Band Hero over MW2. But to keep my dignity I won't buy either title.

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:11 am

watchman626 wrote:Well I hate CoD and all IW games, while I think it was stupid for Microsoft to make such a option available to developers....you have to keep in mind that if you go to the PS3....you don't get any of those features (thats what you get for a Free service....SHIT!!!) haha. I'm just saying not every developer is going to do this, its just that IW doesn't know how to connect to the community, let alone make a game that seems appealing. They started off big on PC...well now they have destroyed the PC community that they one had with the first CoD. They are just pissing everybody off....to me MW2 is looking to be the worst release of 2009...I would sadly buy Band Hero over MW2. But to keep my dignity I won't buy either title.

lol i think im getting MW2 and Band Hero next wednesday Shocked definitely MW2 (i got prestige preordered) but maybe band hero too
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:20 am

watchman626 wrote:Well I hate CoD and all IW games, while I think it was stupid for Microsoft to make such a option available to developers....you have to keep in mind that if you go to the PS3....you don't get any of those features (thats what you get for a Free service....SHIT!!!) haha. I'm just saying not every developer is going to do this, its just that IW doesn't know how to connect to the community, let alone make a game that seems appealing. They started off big on PC...well now they have destroyed the PC community that they one had with the first CoD. They are just pissing everybody off....to me MW2 is looking to be the worst release of 2009...I would sadly buy Band Hero over MW2. But to keep my dignity I won't buy either title.

so maybe this is microsofts strategy to slowly degrade to match te ps3's online service? lol.
    This is still such shit. To focus on ONE SMALL aspect of potential "cheating" (even though the alleged unfair advantage is able to be done on both teams so it isnt even unfair, vice slightly messed) youre going to axe one of the key fatures of live.
    oh well, good thing I dont like CoD so im fine.

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:03 pm

I'm defecting to ps3 this holiday season. There's no better time.
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:06 pm

flewid wrote:I'm defecting to ps3 this holiday season. There's no better time.

See, I don't think defecting is necessarily the way to go, at least for me personally. L4D2 comes out soon, crackdown 2 is out next year, magnacarta2 looks good for me (need to make time for it) and there are a few other exclusives coming down the pipelien like splinter cell conviction and halo reach that should be good to go. Not to mention fable 3 in 2010 as well (in addiiton to any unannoucned exclusives like the inevitable gears 3).

I dont want to miss out on all that awesome.

However, I very well might get around to getting a ps3 for infamous, uncharted 2 and GoW 3 (and GoW collection). Plus free online play sounds nice, but psn still isnt live...yet.

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 pm

Its ok to buy a PS3 (I have one), but I don't think that you just abandon the Xbox 360. Like King stated above there are many great games coming to Xbox 360 next year (Exclusively (well some on PC as well)).

Post  Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:44 pm

watchman626 wrote:
    Its ok to buy a PS3 (I have one), but I don't think that you just abandon the Xbox 360. Like King stated above there are many great games coming to Xbox 360 next year (Exclusively (well some on PC as well)).

i'm not going to abandon it. but i won't be renewing LIVE for the long periods of time. I'll get most of my games for ps3, and just get exclusives for 360.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:51 am

flewid wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:

i'm not going to abandon it. but i won't be renewing LIVE for the long periods of time. I'll get most of my games for ps3, and just get exclusives for 360.

i wouldnt really renew live all that much either, but for some of the games that king and i play co-op, we have to have 2 copies of the game and use both our systems.....so kinda need it lol

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:12 am

ImpureQueen278 wrote:
    flewid wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:

i wouldnt really renew live all that much either, but for some of the games that king and i play co-op, we have to have 2 copies of the game and use both our systems.....so kinda need it lol

yeah i see where u 2 are comin from. for me it's gonna be on a month by month basis for LIVE. and i would imagine some months not at all.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:36 am

flewid wrote:
    ImpureQueen278 wrote:
    flewid wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:

yeah i see where u 2 are comin from. for me it's gonna be on a month by month basis for LIVE. and i would imagine some months not at all.
    Right now I'm running on several 1Month free XBL cards from my church. Every now and then a 360 goes down, so my friend who works up there saves the cards for me Very Happy its been nice these past couple of months.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:03 pm

bless you.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:15 pm

well, if you get a ps3, be sure to rent uncharted 2 first before you buy. I was so pumped for the game, but when I finally got around to playing it, it turned out to be pretty mediocre. I'm not exactly sure why the game is so talked about. Its a pretty standard 3rd person shooter. It borrows a lot of the platforming/climbing segments from the Tomb Raider games, and the shooting kinda moves like an improved Syphon Filter game (which I thought was slightly cool, since I was a fan), but it's not really that groundbreaking in any way.

It suffered from a ton of ARMY of TWO co-op moments during the story mode (for example: having to boost the person you are escorting up to send down the fire escape to you).

The writing was random as hell (at least the three levels I played on) but I can't really speak on the whole game. Maybe they were having retard lasers beamed at them via some unknown story mechanic at the time?

Highlights included:
    Old Guy: I'm sweating like a hooker in church.
    Main Character Guy: You brought a hooker to church?
    Old Guy: yeah?

My qualm with that exchange, besides the fact that it was so terribly out of context when it was said was, at NO POINT did the old guy imply he had brought a hooker to church. It's like Main Character Guy just strung a bunch of words together and threw a sentence at him.

It pretty much got worse from there, till I just gave up and turned it off. They are like family guy jokes, except there is no visual cue at least to make it funny. Just random ass words thrown together. There were some arguably funny lines dropped here and there, which made me laugh, hard.

The voice acting is pretty bad though. And most of the characters are walking cliches. You can literally know their whole life story by just observing their mannerisms in the first 5 minutes.

Not a bad game. It was actually pretty well done, in my opinion, but not really something to phone home about.
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:19 pm

Compare it to most of sony's exclusives, might be why its so talked about. And uncharted 2 is one of the reasons im debating to get a ps3 soon anyways. God of war 3 and gow collection are other arguments for me.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:28 pm

i played the first uncharted and i thought to myself 'wow, this is like tomb raider - only way better!'. basically i loved the first. but once the effect wore off i looked around and noticed there were no other games! mgs4 was my bitch and even that was getting boring so i sold off my ps3.

and i knew this was going to happen, it's inevitable. the good games started coming out!

i was keeping a close eye on uncharted 2, but the game does nothing for me. i'll rent at best because i never finished the first. the gow series doesn't interest me at all. i like fps's and what i really want to play is kz2 and mag. i think in about 2 weeks i'll pick up a ps3, although im not sure if i should get a phat or a slim?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:56 am