Green Light Gamer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.greenlightgamer.wordpress.com

Latest topics

» GLG Forums Now Being Disabled
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 am

» The End of Green Light Gamer
by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

» Stupid YouTube Videos
by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

» Blur Multiplayer beta
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» What Ticks you off? And Misc Talk
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

ALL GLG Community - Site Modification

ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

ALL GLG Community - Site Modification Empty ALL GLG Community - Site Modification

Post  ImpureKing44 Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:07 pm

hello all,

I am currently engaging in site modifcation (working on the appearance and functionality of certain areas of the site).

Everything should stlll work fine, but here might be a bit of back and forth change involving the format, so your patience is appreaciated. I will post on here when I am finished, and hope to get feedback on any and all changes.

Thanks so much

ImpureKing
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

ALL GLG Community - Site Modification Empty Re: ALL GLG Community - Site Modification

Post  ImpureKing44 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Still testing diff themes/options

ALL GLG Community - Site Modification Empty Re: ALL GLG Community - Site Modification

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:09 am

looks much better

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 am

idk...im not really a big fan of the whole black-n-green look...i mean yea, its kinda cool n goes w/ the 360 elite's color scheme....but....idk...i kinda liked the white-green look. almost every forum ive been on since being on the interwebz (please note ive been on A LOT of forums and have been on the interwebs for quite some time) and almost all of em had a black-n-something scheme. black-n-blue, black-n-red, black-n-white, black-n-orange, etc etc....i just got tired of it. i mean i like this scheme, but personally i preferred the white
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 am

Well, we are still experimenting right now, so you will see changes being made across the board in regards to asthetics(while trying to maintain functionality)

Feel free to keep posting what you like and don't, as we ARE listening.

Live and let game

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:51 am

i really like it. looks cool. maybe a little more polish in the logo buttons but i like it

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:15 am

the dark blue for the moderators names are kinda hard to see...i would suggest red or orange.

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:19 am

ok found something thats really kinda...idk...odd and irking me

on the main page. The links are blue...a dark blue actually. ok, no prob. rather random and kinda stands out in the black-green look, but ok. so i was expecting like maybe a slightly lighter blue (likea a reg blue, or the blue used on the "post" and "message information" when you hit "post reply" or a light light blue like...idk, cyan? or a light turquoise? idk....no, it shows up LIME GREEN? where on earth did that come from? usually when you have something to hyperlink somewhere you make the highlight color similar to the default color...dark blue to lime green? wtf? id suggest maybe using a deeper green instead of the blue, or maybe a lighter blue instead of the green? just some suggestions..

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:32 am

Oh darker colors better for my eye, "LIGHT BURNS ME!!!"
    The King called me once "The Nocturnal One!"
    Looks good at least for a change of pace.
    Watch online status banner its covering pic. Is that spanish also?
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:36 am

Thanks people for the feedback ! I will be taking all points into account when i get time tomorow to tamper with it. Thanks !
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:39 pm

New looks is temporary, so please excuse the plainness ;p

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:44 pm

I had a quick look yesterday and my eyes are still hurting now! Shocked

Post  Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:47 am

Sweet i've been promoted from peon to achievement Hunter!?..... but for how long?
    I need more gold stars!
    It's the little things I notice!

Post  Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:13 pm

this scheme looks pretty good, but the quote text needs some adjusting.

ksu ds wrote:Sweet i've been promoted from peon to achievement Hunter!?..... but for how long?
    I need more gold stars!
    It's the little things I notice!
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Ouch, lol. Dually noted, need to fix that when i get home, asap.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 am

Are you using templates of skinning the boards yourself?
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:16 am

Well I started with templates, as provided by the host. However, I noticed you can tamper with the template, and am starting to experiement with that/

But being slow minded, it might take a bit, lol.

I also have to work on a banner/buttons to spruce it up a bit, and the overal color scheme too.

Work work work, lol

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:18 am

Yeah, the green and black go together, but the color change is too drastic. it does dark to BRIGHT. If you need any help with the CSS just holler at me, I've skinned forums before.
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:21 am

I think I might take you up on that offer, Thanks chief !

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:24 am

I do think that you should add the shade of gray that is in your admin icon to make the transition from green to black easier on the eyes.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:37 am

My favorite the emodicons better come up right or its all fail? bounce lol!
    I like the black and green but fueled by hate is right a third color for transistion is needed.

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:17 am

watchman626 wrote:the dark blue for the moderators names are kinda hard to see...i would suggest red or orange.
    Agreed and I like it otherwise

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 am

and when you qoute someone Im getting white and white and cant see it can u make the qoute background at least dark gray?
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:43 am

Its on my list of things to do chief ;p been a bit busy lately. rock on !

Post  Guest Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:09 am

ImpureKing44 wrote:Its on my list of things to do chief ;p been a bit busy lately. rock on !

getting drunk for new years is not being a "bit busy"....its being normal xD

but yea i agree. mod name color change and quote fixing...or maybe just make the quote text like...um...idk..black, instead of white? itd stick out...or like green maybe? idk xD and for mod name...maybee...idk...a bright green/blue? maybe even a light purple? idk xD

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:54 am