Green Light Gamer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.greenlightgamer.wordpress.com

Latest topics

» GLG Forums Now Being Disabled
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 am

» The End of Green Light Gamer
by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

» Stupid YouTube Videos
by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

» Blur Multiplayer beta
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» What Ticks you off? And Misc Talk
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Community Member Spotlight - Brendon (08/06/09)

ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Community Member Spotlight - Brendon (08/06/09) Empty Community Member Spotlight - Brendon (08/06/09)

Post  ImpureKing44 Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:41 pm

King: So, whats the story behind your tag and handle? (Brendon2121) And tell us a bit about your life outside of the gaming world.

Brendon: Well though I am turning 21 soon, my tag is really just my name with some random numbers. I’ve played countless mmo’s and had countless tags with all the funny/weird names you can think of, so I thought I’d just make my live tag my name. I know it’s boring, but I really could care less. As far as outside of my gaming life, I’m a full time student at the University of South Carolina, majoring in IT. I live about an hour away from campus so I’m driving..A LOT. During the spring/summer you can usually either find me in a pool swimming, or if my friends happen to be in town I’ll be playing football/basketball/baseball/whatever they want to play at that time. Can’t live without my sports. Also love to play some paintball when I get a chance. I consider myself a hardcore gamer, but I am far from a couch potato. /exhale

King: If you had to pick one sport above all others, what would it be? And why did you choose to go into IT?

Brendon: The sport above all others for me is football. I played all throughout school and I love it. I love watching it and playing it. To me it’s just like a live action video game except you get to knock hell out of the guy that wants to talk crap.
    As for IT. I’ve always been into games, electronics and computers. This major really brings all this together and makes it pretty fun. My classes this past semester have all been fun for me despite all the hard work. I’ve learned a lot and the job opportunities for this major are growing everyday.

King: Ok, lets toss out a random question….if you had to off a video game character, who would you pick? And lastly on the IT note, anything in particular you want to do in that field?

Brendon: Well to answer your first question. I’ve been playing Mass Effect a lot lately. There is a certain marine in your crew, Ashley, …she is pretty much a total bitch. Excuse the term but there is no nicer way to say it. She didn’t bother me when I first started playing but the more I play the more I can’t stand her. In fact the part where you choose whether she lives or dies, I’ve let her die every time but my first play through. I guess if you want to take it way back…it would be that dog from Duck Hunt. He was always laughing at me the bastard.
    As far as IT goes I’d love to get some type of job in web design. I’ve enjoyed all the classes I’ve had involving web design. I’m not great at it yet, I’m ok. If I don’t get a job in web design I’ll take whatever I can get honestly, as long as I’m bringing in the money.

King: So since you participated in our first game night at green light gamer, what were your impressions of the event and of our site? And being as techy as you are, any ideas for our site? or for a vision of your own?

Brendon: I had fun last night despite sucking most of the matches and being poor. It was a great turn out for the first night. It seems like when we tried to do this on playfire, even with all the members we had, we just could never get anything going. As for glg, I think it’s a great site. You guys have done a great job with all the articles and also keeping the forum up. Playfire used to be the main site I’d visit, but GLG has kind of taken over that spot.
    I don’t really have any other ideas for the site, at least not atm. I think it’s easier for me to just make others realize their vision. When I’m trying to make stuff on my own I always see something I want to change, then another, and another. I end up just wasting time because I can never make up my mind.

King: Nice response…but we are getting close to timing out so let’s wrap it up soon….what do you think is the most visually impressive game AND character from the 360?

Brendon: Most graphically impressive on the 360 I’d have to go with either Gears of War 2 or Assassins Creed.
    If you mean best looking character graphically I guess I’ll stick with the games I chose and go either Altair or one of the Cogs from Gears. If you mean just coolest looking then I’d have to go with the Big Daddy’s from Bioshock. Those guys are just bad ass.

King: Ok final two…who is the most “visually impressive” female in gaming? And if you had to ride out to a song as you go off into the distance, what would it be?

Brendon:Haha ‘visually impressive’ huh? Umm idk pick a name out of a hat from the Dead or Alive cast. Nah all joking aside as far as female badassery goes, I don’t think you could go wrong with either Lara Croft or Samus.
    I had a hard time choosing the song I’d ride out on but I finally made up my mind. I’d have to go with Path by Apocalyptica. To me that song would fit the mood perfectly, it’s quite epic.

Last edited by ImpureKing44 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Community Member Spotlight - Brendon (08/06/09) Empty Re: Community Member Spotlight - Brendon (08/06/09)

Post  ImpureKing44 Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:15 am

you da man

Community Member Spotlight - Brendon (08/06/09) Empty Re: Community Member Spotlight - Brendon (08/06/09)

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:02 am

Lol, that damn ashley.

She was such a hater.
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:21 am

Flowless wrote:Lol, that damn ashley.

She was such a hater.

I didnt play it much so I thought she was ok Crying or Very sad

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:36 am

She was such a hater.

You know... as much as I wanted initially for her to be the lover of Commander Shepard I just could not get over Liara. I mean she's attractive in all... but her personality and her passion for antiquities and artifacts even in the thick of battle... made me instantly love her character. She spoke to my heart and it sang in symphony, one archeologist to another... LoL.

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:45 am

You really opened up to the community, Brendon. Well done. Good for you. Good FOR you.

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:51 am

ImpureKing44 wrote:

She was such a hater.

I didnt play it much so I thought she was ok Crying or Very sad

If you notice I said she didn't bother me the first play through. I've beaten the game close to 7 times now and she's just become unbearable for me. You really need to give this game a chance, it'll grow on you. I promise lol.

Also thanks for the comments. I don't usually do stuff like this but I already did the playfire member of the week thing, so I figured what the heck.
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:50 pm

7 times??? Damn I havent beaten it once haha.....

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:51 pm

that is yet another game i gotta run through....lol

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 am

awesome interview... not sure how you can play mass effect 7 times though... i got fed up half way through my first run through cause i couldnt get Kaidan to make sex with my lady Sheppard... i was so disapointed... and put so much work into it... then andrew traded it on me last week for infamous and transformers.

with that being said once again... awesome interview
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:20 am

JJ-STAR wrote:awesome interview... not sure how you can play mass effect 7 times though... i got fed up half way through my first run through cause i couldnt get Kaidan to make sex with my lady Sheppard... i was so disapointed... and put so much work into it... then andrew traded it on me last week for infamous and transformers.

with that being said once again... awesome interview

i should have asked how long it took (hours wise) to hit that many run throughs...

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:28 am

Well the reason I've gone through so many times now is for the achievements. A lot of the mastery achievements require you to have a completely different class of character. With my current guy, I plan on taking him to level 60 to get that achievement. I'm also working on getting Renegade and Completionist. I plan to get fallout 3 later this week though so I'd wager that will be consuming most of my time for awhile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:57 am