Green Light Gamer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.greenlightgamer.wordpress.com

Latest topics

» GLG Forums Now Being Disabled
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 am

» The End of Green Light Gamer
by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

» Stupid YouTube Videos
by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

» Blur Multiplayer beta
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» What Ticks you off? And Misc Talk
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Gamestop=STUPID People

Gamestop=STUPID People Empty Gamestop=STUPID People

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:35 am

First lets start off saying that I'm cool with my manager at gamestop and we know each other on name basis and mess around. They also love how I buy used games and bring them back within the 7 day grace period but I also buy a lot of new games and take them back for trade in's. So they let me slide on the returning of used games. So I was browsing around in gamestop and looking for something new to play. So I picked up BOLT because I like the stupid easy kiddie games. Then I see WANTED out the corner of my eye in the used section for $44.99. Had seen queen playing it and she said it was easy achievo but hells no I'm gonna pay that much for it. So then I make my way over to the new section to see if anything new came out and I see WANTED new for $19.99...then I see another new case at same price. So then I walk back to the used copy and I'm like why is used more than the new?? So I go back to the new section and pick up the wanted cases and behind the two that were priced at $19.99 was one for $49.99. Then I get all excited grab my homie manager and like somebody Funked up !!! Somebody Funked up!! I didn't say funked but you get the gist.He is like huh? So I show him and they honor my price because nobody noticed Very Happy Very Happy So will probably beat the shit out of it and get a really good trade in value on it since it still is a new game and the used copies are selling good. tongue Love taking advantage of people.

Gamestop=STUPID People Empty Re: Gamestop=STUPID People

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:57 am

thats really awesome. I knew that somewhere out there, there was a half-decent gamestop. i have the fortune of having 3 in my area, and its like having 3 bowls of shit placed in front of you, and you choose the one that doesnt smell as bad as the others. the trade-ins arent that bad, its honoring the stickered price where they fall short.

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:11 pm

flewid wrote:thats really awesome. I knew that somewhere out there, there was a half-decent gamestop. i have the fortune of having 3 in my area, and its like having 3 bowls of shit placed in front of you, and you choose the one that doesnt smell as bad as the others. the trade-ins arent that bad, its honoring the stickered price where they fall short.
    It's their fault not ours. Razz

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:31 pm

all the people in our gamestop know us by name pretty much, lol....

for the most part theyre all nice cuz they know how much scratch we throw down every time we go there hahaha
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:17 pm

flewid wrote:thats really awesome. I knew that somewhere out there, there was a half-decent gamestop. i have the fortune of having 3 in my area, and its like having 3 bowls of shit placed in front of you, and you choose the one that doesnt smell as bad as the others. the trade-ins arent that bad, its honoring the stickered price where they fall short.

very poetic

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Lol nice!

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:10 am

Hahah, This pretty much puts into words how I feel about my local gamestops.

Well played.

Post  Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:32 am

Well the game was actually $19.99, along with a ton of other games. It's their summer sales, new titles every couple weeks get lowered to 20 bucks. That is why the used was higher priced, when they make a deal with the publisher to throw it on sale the Used have no effect.

But I also love finding old lower priced stickers still on too, nothing pisses them off more than having to correct their error.

Post  Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:42 am

Oh Gamestop...

Gamestop=STUPID People Pa200610

Gamestop=STUPID People Pa200710

While they suck in many ways I rather like the one by my house, (which is still called EB Games too even after the merger)... and the manager and guys working there know me by face even though I'm not nearly there that often...

Post  Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:57 am

Lots of negative vibes towards Microsoft and Gamestop hear today? Evil or Very Mad

Post  Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:13 am

Lol I love Penny Arcade's humor. The Digital Distribution one is one of my favorites.

Post  Guest Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 pm

I just dislike Gamestop because they seriously put a hole in dev's pockets. It's pretty much like what the second strip said.

I can't wait till digital distribution makes it big, and I KNOW my money is going to the people who MADE the game.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 4:28 am