Green Light Gamer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.greenlightgamer.wordpress.com

Latest topics

» GLG Forums Now Being Disabled
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 am

» The End of Green Light Gamer
by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

» Stupid YouTube Videos
by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

» Blur Multiplayer beta
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» What Ticks you off? And Misc Talk
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

I hate this crap....

Poll

Have we seen the Xbox 360 maxed out yet?

[ 0 ]
    I hate this crap.... Bar_left0%I hate this crap.... Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    I hate this crap.... Bar_left29%I hate this crap.... Bar_right [29%] 
    [ 3 ]
    I hate this crap.... Bar_left43%I hate this crap.... Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 2 ]
    I hate this crap.... Bar_left28%I hate this crap.... Bar_right [28%] 

Total Votes: 7

I hate this crap.... Empty I hate this crap....

Post  Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 pm

I hate Sony fanboy articles like this:
    God of War III only capable on PS3

This is why I basically hate Sony fanboys, they think that they have the superior console and won't even give other consoles, let alone the PC (which is the best of them all) the time of day. I honestly don't think that any console has been maxed, and I don't think that the PS3 can do more than the Xbox 360 currently. I don't think that Uncharted 2 would be impossible to run on the 360 like Naughty Dog states (they have never even messed with Xbox 360 development...so how would they know). What I find funny about all this superior PS3 talk is that they always mention the Cell Processor and how it renders the graphics....I don't think that they understand how a CPUs architecture is designed and what it is for...because a CPU is not fit to render graphics, that's why we have GPUs. But with the Sony fanboys its all about the Cell and how its better than the whole 360 combined.

Here is God of War III:
    I hate this crap.... God-of-war-iii-20090819011729655_640w
    I hate this crap.... God-of-war-iii-20090924050128851_640w
    I hate this crap.... God-of-war-iii-20090819011734999_640w
    I hate this crap.... God-of-war-iii-20090819011724077_640w
    While it does look impressive, and the game is gonna kick some serious ass. Visually it's not any better than anything that the Xbox 360 has done.

I mean look at upcoming Xbox 360 exclusives - Mass Effect 2 or even Metro 2033.

Here is Mass Effect 2:
    I hate this crap.... Mass-effect-2-20091218020850306_640w
    I hate this crap.... Mass-effect-2-20091215105320871_640w
    I hate this crap.... Mass-effect-2-20091211112412118_640w
    I hate this crap.... Mass-effect-2-20091204102152594_640w
    BioWare has stated that they have barely tapped the power of the 360. They said that the 360 still has much potential that needs to be unlocked.

Now look at Metro 2033:
    I hate this crap.... Metro-2033-20091201041454008_640w
    I hate this crap.... Metro-2033-20091201041529117_640w
    I hate this crap.... Metro-2033-20091201041505024_640w
    I hate this crap.... Metro-2033-20091201041518789_640w

Metro 2033 honestly looks as good and if not better than Uncharted 2. Now all I can expect is a Sony fanboy to visit GLG see this and cry foul and then bring all his little troll buddies along.

I hate this crap.... Empty Re: I hate this crap....

Post  Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:46 pm

The SDF here on GLG? I doubt that...
    They can thump their chest all they want. The 360 is a great console and does great graphics.

Post  Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:50 pm

haha I know they wouldn't come here. But I was just speaking my mind...I was so ticked off when I wrote that message.

Post  Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:31 pm

I feel pretty bad for them. They miss out on a lot of great games worshiping one console. What happened to just being a gamer?

Post  Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:52 pm

watchman626 wrote:haha I know they wouldn't come here. But I was just speaking my mind...I was so ticked off when I wrote that message.

Yeah well then I suggest you stay away from Playfire.com
    It's infested with fanboys

Post  Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Twisted Tony wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:haha I know they wouldn't come here. But I was just speaking my mind...I was so ticked off when I wrote that message.

lollerskates

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:28 am

Twisted Tony wrote:

Ya I was one of the first 10 active people one those forums. After 6 months I watched as it became the biggest PS3 fanboy infested forum. It was a great site.... then it went all down hill.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 am

Brendon2121 wrote:I feel pretty bad for them. They miss out on a lot of great games worshiping one console. What happened to just being a gamer?
    Dude I don't know. I try to have normal conversations with them, but then they turn it into a 360 flame conversation...even when I don't even mention the 360. Its really annoying! I own all the consoles, and really I can't see how one is better than the other. Each have their ups and downs.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:57 am

Twisted Tony wrote:

Oh yeah, been there done that lol

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:06 am

Tony, I want to say that Playfire.com is actually where I met you and King. Then King told me to dump that site and join GLG. So I did that lol

I think I still have my playfire account, but I haven't been on it in who knows how long.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:30 am

While those games do look good, they have yet to be released in their entirety so you really can't go off the graphics, as they might be pre-rendered. That's the problem with gaming nowadays, they can make the game look so appealing by advertising pretty pictures and then you buy the game and it's a little more ugly, e.g. Dragon Age:Origins.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:40 am

Basically this thread is about how Sony fanboys say that it is basically impossible for the Xbox 360 to have graphics like God of War III. But I know for sure that ME2 and Metro 2033 screenshots are both in-engine and in-game screen shots. Both titles are in the final stages of development, ME2 is in the last week or so of its development (it might have already gone gold...who knows). Metro is set to be out in March.

Just what I'm sick of is the crap about how its only possible on PS3...but in reality the Xbox 360 can do just as good and if not better.
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:24 am

@watchman - lol I didnt tell you to ditch it, just to also check us out ;p

And I swear the SDF are the dumbest fanboys out of all the fanboy factions (xbots or wii-ners)

They will argue anything in favor of the ps3. All systems have some good titles and factors, get over it.

Either way, im happy with the xbox but next generation I dont know to roll with, itll al depend on the titles.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:43 am

I wouldn't worry about the next generation, we probably won't see those until at least 2012 or 2013. But if they all came out around the same time I would still go with the Xbox as my initial choice.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:45 am

haha I know you didn't tell me to ditch it lol but since I came here I haven't gone back, so i basically ditched it, its rancid with the SDF.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:50 am

watchman626 wrote:Basically this thread is about how Sony fanboys say that it is basically impossible for the Xbox 360 to have graphics like God of War III. But I know for sure that ME2 and Metro 2033 screenshots are both in-engine and in-game screen shots. Both titles are in the final stages of development, ME2 is in the last week or so of its development (it might have already gone gold...who knows). Metro is set to be out in March.

Just what I'm sick of is the crap about how its only possible on PS3...but in reality the Xbox 360 can do just as good and if not better.
    Not to say Xbox can't do it because I'm sure it could but MGS4 has some amazing graphics. It seems like most games coming out recently are starting to look almost as good, ME2 looks as good if not better.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 am

MGS4 in game doesn't look all that better than most Xbox 360 games, where it shines is all the cutscenes, which is essentially 70% of the game.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:05 am

watchman626 wrote:MGS4 in game doesn't look all that better than most Xbox 360 games, where it shines is all the cutscenes, which is essentially 70% of the game.
    I thought MGS4 in-game looked amazing. I'm hoping the MG with Raiden will have MGO because 360 has no stealthy online similar to MGO. And as I said most games coming out now look as good if not better.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:33 am

KuraiWarrior wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:MGS4 in game doesn't look all that better than most Xbox 360 games, where it shines is all the cutscenes, which is essentially 70% of the game.
    I thought MGS4 in-game looked amazing. I'm hoping the MG with Raiden will have MGO because 360 has no stealthy online similar to MGO. And as I said most games coming out now look as good if not better.
    What I'm trying to say is: even though MGS4 in-game looked amazing, which it does, I don't see it graphically ahead of any Xbox 360 games out now. I have MGS4 I love it, so don't get me wrong.

Same with Uncharted 2, while it looks incredible and maybe was the best "console" graphics at that time, but the industry has moved forward since October. The Xbox has games coming out that are of the same graphical value as Uncharted 2 and MGS4 and God Of War III. But According to the SDF those graphics are unachievable on the Xbox 360, yet wen you look at games coming out for the 360 you know that they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:50 am

watchman626 wrote:
    KuraiWarrior wrote:
    What I'm trying to say is: even though MGS4 in-game looked amazing, which it does, I don't see it graphically ahead of any Xbox 360 games out now. I have MGS4 I love it, so don't get me wrong.

Same with Uncharted 2, while it looks incredible and maybe was the best "console" graphics at that time, but the industry has moved forward since October. The Xbox has games coming out that are of the same graphical value as Uncharted 2 and MGS4 and God Of War III. But According to the SDF those graphics are unachievable on the Xbox 360, yet wen you look at games coming out for the 360 you know that they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

I actually just got done playing god of war 3 and I don't think the graphics are that great. I think mgs4 was much better and even dante's enferno was better looking. I mean it looks good but the 360 could handle it and then some. The only reason I would say the 360 couldn't handle mfs4 was bc of the disk format since the bluray was maxed out but it would work on 2 disks. But in my oppinion god of war 3 isn't all it's cracked up to be graphics wise. Way over hyped

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:57 am

orange20 wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:
    KuraiWarrior wrote:

I actually just got done playing god of war 3 and I don't think the graphics are that great. I think mgs4 was much better and even dante's enferno was better looking. I mean it looks good but the 360 could handle it and then some. The only reason I would say the 360 couldn't handle mfs4 was bc of the disk format since the bluray was maxed out but it would work on 2 disks. But in my oppinion god of war 3 isn't all it's cracked up to be graphics wise. Way over hyped
    The only reason they used about 50 GB was because all their music/sounds and everything wasn't compressed at all, making it take up a lot of space. Plus it was "only" possible on PS3 because there are references made to the PS3 in-game.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:14 am

KuraiWarrior wrote:
    orange20 wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:
    KuraiWarrior wrote:

The only reason they used about 50 GB was because all their music/sounds and everything wasn't compressed at all, making it take up a lot of space. Plus it was "only" possible on PS3 because there are references made to the PS3 in-game.

yes I agree but it's not bc the 360 can't handle it. It can and it should. I would kill to play it on my xbox and get some achievements!

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 am

orange20 wrote:
    KuraiWarrior wrote:
    orange20 wrote:
    watchman626 wrote:
    KuraiWarrior wrote:

yes I agree but it's not bc the 360 can't handle it. It can and it should. I would kill to play it on my xbox and get some achievements!
    That's why I'm waiting for MGS: Rising which should look a lot better than MGS4 and hopefully there is more gameplay than MGS4. Raiden is a total bad ass with the cyborg ninja suit.

Post  Guest Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:40 am

Kurai, your missing my point and the point of the thread. It's not about the uncompressed files, or the fact that the game mentions the PS3 that can always be cut out or changed, its ABOUT the actual game itself; to the SDF its about the hardware and all the other pointless shit they can come up with about how the 360 could never run the game. Its a giant hardware argument, they only thing they have on the 360 is Blu-ray, but that ca be solved buy using multiple disks. Then they mention the Cell processor, but in all honestly they don't understand how it works. It's not any more powerful than my Core 2 Quad CPU in my PC. But even with how advanced PC gaming is over consoles, not more than .25% of all PC games will use all 4 CPU cores at once. What they don't realize is that sure the Cell is a little bit more powerful than the Xbox 360s PowerPC CPU setup, but the Xbox 360s GPU setup is more flexible and most powerful. So basically when you look at it the two consoles are basically the same. One has a better CPU and the other has a better GPU. PS3 has Blu-ray, which gives its a little bit of a edge, but its not a problem that can't be fixed with multiple DVDs.

What I'm trying to say is that the 360 is more than capable of putting out games of the same quality as the PS3, sure it will have multiple disks, but honestly who cares. If you care that much then you obviously didn't game in the 90s like me when everything was on multiple 256mb cds. Sure it will be compressed and possibly have multiple disks, but that's just a small obstacle in development that the Devs have to get past. But that doesn't mean that they can't deliver a high quality AAA game like Uncharted 2 or MGS4 on the Xbox 360.

You also have to remember that its the SDF and Sony 1st Party Devs, who have no development experience with the Xbox 360, that are claiming that its only possible on the PS3 and not the 360. So how would they know what the Xbox 360 can't and can handle. They have never messed with its development. And everytime the SDF makes these arguments they neglect the Xbox 360, but at the same time they neglect the PC which is honestly much further ahead than the current consoles.

So in conclusion the 360 while limited in storage space (can use multiple disks) its still more than capable of performing and having games just like the PS3. Power-wise we have yet to see its true full potential of the Xbox 360.

See what I'm getting at?

Here's my main point that I have been trying to get across to you: I'm just tired of hearing "It's only possible on PS3" cause in all reality its just as capable of running on the 360.

P.S. I know how the MGS4 development went, I followed it once I picked up my PS3 back in early 2008 afro

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:41 am