Green Light Gamer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.greenlightgamer.wordpress.com

Latest topics

» GLG Forums Now Being Disabled
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 am

» The End of Green Light Gamer
by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

» Stupid YouTube Videos
by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

» Blur Multiplayer beta
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» What Ticks you off? And Misc Talk
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

Quote Thread

Quote Thread Empty Quote Thread

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:23 am

everyone has quotes, wether it be one they hate, or one they like. some have a "life quote" some have a quote they like to give to people. personally, i love being a psychologist-like person for my friends. i listen to their problems, help out, and maybe give a quote or two to help. ive started to compile a list of quotes just for that reason :p

im sure you guys have quotes you like too. so thats what the point of this thread is. just post some good quotes you know, who said it, and what it means (since someone might not get it) i have my "life quote" in my sig...but heres one i got i like

The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other going in opposite directions
    ~George Carlin

this can actually go one of two ways. either the Average American is going to be smart but die younger, or be dumber die later....now...think about the "average America"....which do you think is true?

Quote Thread Empty Re: Quote Thread

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:29 am

"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker."- Ogden Nash

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 am

Mudkip wrote:"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker."- Ogden Nash
    Dude I swear that's a quote from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. But I bet that's who they got the quote from lol anyways sorry I was just speaking my mind hahaha

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:29 am

Funny thing killing a man you take away everything he has got and everything he will ever have. Clint Eastwood

My friend absolutely hates "It is what it is."
    Well then say what the F#$% it is then!

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Quote Thread ExcerptfromTheCatcherintheRyebyJ-2

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:58 pm

watchman626 wrote:
    Mudkip wrote:"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker."- Ogden Nash
    Dude I swear that's a quote from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. But I bet that's who they got the quote from lol anyways sorry I was just speaking my mind hahaha

Yes that quote was said in the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka movie, but yeah Nash is the original person to say it so I gave him credit.

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 pm

"See, I'm not a monster... I'm just ahead of the curve." The Joker, The Dark Knight.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:31 am

"In ignorance we trust." -In Flames

Post  Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:27 am

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve/would’ve/should’ve happened…or, you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the !%*£? on." Tupac Shakur

Post  Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:27 am

"How do you kill that which has no life?" ~Blizzard Exec (South Park - Make Love, Not Warcraft)

Post  Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:45 am

"There are moments in your life that make you and sets the course of who youre going to be. Sometimes they’re little, subtle moments. Sometimes, they’re big moments you never saw coming. No one asks for their life to change, but it does. It’s what you do afterwards that counts. That’s when you find out who you are… " Unknown Author

Post  Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:40 am

Well Sovereigns entire speech in Mass Effect 1 is pretty much awesome.

You are not Saren...

[Squad mate]

Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh, you touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    There is a realm of existence, so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I, am beyond your comprehension. I, am Sovereign.

[Shepard]

"Reaper?" A label created by the Prothean's, to give voice to their destruction. In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant... we simply, are.

Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an accident. Your lives are measured in years and decades, you wither and die. We are eternal, the pinnacle of evolution, and existence. Before us, you, are nothing. Your extinction is inevitable. We, are the end of everything.

[Shepard]

Confidence born in ignorance, the cycle cannot be broken. The patten has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Organic civilisations rise, evolve, advance and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished.

The Prothean's were not the first, they did not create the 'Citadel', they did not forge the 'Mass Relays' they merely found them. The legacy of my kind.

[Shepard]

Your civilisation is based on the technology of the Mass Relays, our technology. By using it, your society develops along the paths we desire.

We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end, because we demand it.

[Shepard]

My kind transcends your very understanding, we are each a nation, independent, free of all weakness. You cannot even grasp the nature of our existence.

[Shepard]

Your words are as empty as your future, I am the vanguard of your destruction, this, exchange, is over.

Post  Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:10 am

"Hey, why don't I just go eat some hay, make things out of clay, lay by the bay? I just may! What'd ya say?" - Happy Gilmore
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Red Schism wrote:"How do you kill that which has no life?" ~Blizzard Exec (South Park - Make Love, Not Warcraft)

That hit the mark perfectly for me.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Hey Killian,.... Here is Sub-Zero,...now Plain-Zero! Ben Richards form The RunningMan! Always Classic!
    Or if you want when your taking to a friend about something to confuse them more just say, "Rob you where there!" Its from the scene in Tommy Boy when he's talking about losing his virginity in front of the factory people. but always say the name Rob pepole will eventually get pissed when they don't know what it means.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:42 am

ksu ds wrote:Hey Killian,.... Here is Sub-Zero,...now Plain-Zero! Ben Richards form The RunningMan! Always Classic!
    Or if you want when your taking to a friend about something to confuse them more just say, "Rob you where there!" Its from the scene in Tommy Boy when he's talking about losing his virginity in front of the factory people. but always say the name Rob pepole will eventually get pissed when they don't know what it means.

It's funny cause my first name is Rob Smile

On topic

"I am so smart I am so smart S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:06 am

One kernel is felt in a hogshead. One drop of water helps to swell the ocean. A spark of fire helps to give light to the world. None of these acts are too small, too feeble, or too poor to be of service. Think of this and act. ~Hannah More

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:19 pm