Green Light Gamer

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.greenlightgamer.wordpress.com

Latest topics

» GLG Forums Now Being Disabled
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:51 am

» The End of Green Light Gamer
by Guest Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

» Stupid YouTube Videos
by Guest Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:23 am

» Blur Multiplayer beta
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» What Ticks you off? And Misc Talk
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:24 pm

» anyone fancy some gaming??
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:22 pm

» What are you thinking.?.
by Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:54 am

» APB Beta! anyone else?
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 am

» your last unlocked achivement
by ImpureKing44 Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:11 am

GI Joe the movie...

GI Joe the movie... Empty GI Joe the movie...

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:33 am

So I just came back from seeing "GIJOE: The Rise of Cobra". I have but two words to sum up this movie...

COMPLETE SHIT!!!

For the LOVE OF GOD don't pay to see this... I am a hardcore GIJOE fan... have most of the comics, own ALL the original cartoons... am a collector of many of the action figures, (both the 3 and 1/2 inch ones and the foot tall ones), and I have to say it was a GOD AWFUL movie.

Obviously liberties would be taken in this movie... I was well aware of that going in and I even stomached some big changes to characters and the like since I wanted to see how they were going to run the plot. In the end, I wish I could have saved myself the money and the time I wasted. I don't want to spoil anything for those who actually want to see it but Gott im Himmel, (I'm so pissed I'm typing in German now...), it was shit!

Oh and King... if you say I told you so... I will drive to your house and bitch slap you... just don't say it... have the satisfaction that you were right and DON'T SAY IT!

(Update):

I'm going to expand a little here ok?

[start rant]

The story, was pretty solid personally. Sure a little far-fetched but this is GIJOE, their plots were always "end of world" or... "WMD" style so I thought it was well crafted.

The visuals in this movie are AMAZING, and the weapons they use are flat out BADASS... easily some of the best things I've seen.

The Characters, Zartan, Hawk, Destro, Baroness, Duke, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander... the list goes on. This was awesome, seeing your old favorite characters in live action brought back so many memories...

Where does this movie fail so terribly?

The ACTING... the acting was perhaps the cheesiest and cliched crap ever. Not to mention Hollywood's fagtabulous fixiation on the need to ALWAYS have some romance in a film when it is either not needed or TOTALLY out of place. !%*£? YOU HOLLYWOOD! BURN IN HELL!

Their is only half decent acting going on, but the rest... *UGH*!!! Not to mention the character histories... besides being complete crap, (for the most part), I think the makers of this movie talked to George Lucas because there's this sense of "I am your father"... crap in here where suddenly you realize all these main characters are so much more intricately tied. I'm so pissed off right now I just want to punch someone or something! GOD! I think I need to get online and kill something before I buy a ticket to Hollywood and go all terrorist on their FUCKING ASSES!

[/end rant]

Last edited by BalanceofJudgment on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

GI Joe the movie... Empty Re: GI Joe the movie...

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:39 am

I was on the fence about this movie as it was. Looks like you just saved me $10. I'll probably download it now.

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:41 am

Flowless wrote:I was on the fence about this movie as it was. Looks like you just saved me $10. I'll probably download it now.

If you're even remotely a fan you'll see why this is shit...

...and I'm glad I saved you the money. Wish I had been logical enough to know Hollywood only does shit these days...

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:27 am

Honestly it looked more like Halo then GI Joe when I saw the preview so I don't think I'm going to waste my time going to see it.
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:49 pm

I'd hate to say it BUT.....

lol jk

Thanks for the heads up. Cool

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:02 pm

this film looks like a whole heap of fail

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:09 pm

KuraiWarrior wrote:Honestly it looked more like Halo then GI Joe when I saw the preview so I don't think I'm going to waste my time going to see it.
    Finally somebody else that agrees with me!! I thought that the idea of the Accelerator Suit was a complete rip-off of Master Chief's MJOLNIR Armor....that just may be me.

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:33 pm

This movie is a big ol heaping pile of shit. I loved GI Joe as a kid. Hollywood could of done so much better with it
    ImpureKing44
    ImpureKing44
    Admin
    Admin

Post  ImpureKing44 Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:01 pm

first problem was having the thought "im going to see GI Joe live action movie"

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Nice! Thanks for the funny rant and the piece of advice. Hope it's in youtube soon so I can watch it for free instead. Or just wait till it comes out on DVD... yeah that's right... DVD. If it's not even worth it to get it on blu-ray. Thanks! Smile

*off topic*
    sorry... but I just noticed my age gleaming from the right side of my screen. I feel so ancient compared to everyone here lol

Last edited by JadeValentine on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:33 pm

watchman626 wrote:
    KuraiWarrior wrote:Honestly it looked more like Halo then GI Joe when I saw the preview so I don't think I'm going to waste my time going to see it.
    Finally somebody else that agrees with me!! I thought that the idea of the Accelerator Suit was a complete rip-off of Master Chief's MJOLNIR Armor....that just may be me.
    That and I swear their ship looks exactly like a Pelican.

Post  Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Hah, thats funny, the first thing that bothered me about that film was the trailer in which everyone was wearing that suit. I just sat there and thought to myself, so "GI Joe is a bunch of people in space suits now?".

Didn't like where the whole damn thing was going. I'm not even that big of a fan of GI Joe, as I grew up without television, but I certainly knew something wasn't right about all of that.

Post  Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:06 am

Well, as I'm going to see "CGI Joe: The Rise of Cobra", here in a bit with my girlfriend and her kids, I skipped over the review....I'm not expecting much though....

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:40 am

Saw it tonight and your rant was pretty much spot on haha.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:51 pm